We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager N. America – our first full-time US-based role. You will play a key role in identifying and engaging with potential new Granular Energy clients as well as engaging with clients during and after the onboarding process. As a very early member of the team, you will be helping to form the commercial side of our business, defining our product, and shaping our processes. There will be many opportunities for growth as our business scales.
For the first 12 months, you will play a key part in driving revenue growth across the Granular Energy product suite and ensuring our first customers are engaged. You will be an important part of a team responsible for the entire customer journey.
You will support customer operations for North America, employing a data driven approach to track and manage the organisations in our pipeline. You will be expected to build client relationships from an early stage, identify their needs and ensuring Granular Energy’s platform meets their expectations. You will also work closely with our internal team to scope product improvements and develop the roadmap of enhancements.
You will also be expected to liaise with key partners such as consultancies, power market operators and brokers. You will also be the face of Granular Energy at conferences and speaking engagements in the US and should be passionate about building the market for time-based RECs and 24x7 carbon free energy standards.
Some example activities include:
- Identifying potential clients and partners
- Delivering intro sales pitches to new clients
- Developing client-specific proposals
- Contract negotiation
- Supporting onboarding process including running of onboarding sessions
- Customer support including customer operations tasks
- Regular catch-up calls with clients
- Renewals and upsells
- Forecasting and reporting revenue growth for the senior management
- Liaising with product and tech teams on client feedbacks and needs
- Updating customer CRM / sales ops
As Commercial Manager you will also play a key role in our commercial strategy, helping to identify
new business opportunities, inform our product development roadmap and business planning.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and location
- Exciting, fast-paced, international start-up environment
- Competitive pay and attractive share options
- Commitment to your development
- Lots lots more!
We are a remote first company so this role can be based anywhere in North America although the Eastern Timezone is preferred
You may not have all the skills and experience boxes ticked, but if you think you have much of what we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are passionate about supporting diversity in an industry that is severely lacking in this area. We want to hear from people of all backgrounds – if you are not sure, please send us your CV!